Wednesday, July 7, 2010

.75 cents and more


Sorry I haven't posted in a million years... life has been pretty busy lately and things have changed a bit since Oct when I posted last. I'm still working at the American Fork Old Navy and even though many people may think I've been doing the same ol' thing for a long time, my job is ANYTHING but the same ol' thing. Being the type of store that we are (Project ONE), there's always something. :) But anyways... Ryan finished his independent study class this past week so that means that he is officially a BYU grad!! I cannot tell you what this means for our family. Ever since we found out he had to take that class it felt like we were stuck, unable to move forward. :( It was a little rough. But now we're excited about being able to apply for jobs and say truthfully that Ryan does indeed have a degree from BYU. Happiness. :) Other things that have changed around the Watkins' house are the number of Sunday newspapers we get: three! Are we crazy?? Maybe... I started couponing about 4 months ago and I'm hooked! Here's an example of my couponing awesomeness: Yesterday I went to Smith's and got a Schick Hydro 3 razor, ice cream, heavy whipping cream (the last item I needed for a meal), and lo mein noodles (another last item for a different meal), and only spent .75 cents!! The razor was on sale for 5.70 and I had a coupon for $5 off PLUS an ecoupon loaded onto my smith's card for another $4 off the same item (you can use one physical manufacture's coupon and an ecoupon on the same item), so I ended up getting the razor for FREE and having $3.30 left over! Holla!!! So I spent it on items we were missing for a few of our favorite meals and a treat. If I had REALLY planned ahead I could have purchased items that I had other coupons for and got even more with my free money, but I was kinda in a hurry. But I'm still SUPER excited about only spending .75 cents for what I got. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment